Unfortunately, gaining access to personal and confidential information is easy in the digital age. Keeping our customers’ information completely secure is our priority. Every data-containing device that comes through CEAR is completely physically destroyed and our secure facility is monitored 24/7 by surveillance cameras.
Fortune 500 companies, state agencies including the CA Lottery, the Franchise Tax Board, and many other businesses trust their information security to CEAR. By shredding each data-containing device, we abide by the guidelines set forth by HIPPA (The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act), GLB (Gramm Leach Bliley Act), and the FACTA (Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act of 2003).
Our secure destruction service includes:
- When the items arrive to CEAR, our screened destruction employees will weigh all the sealed boxes of materials for destruction as a total weight.
- The materials are then shred under surveillance video.
- The shredding is recorded with surveillance video that can be viewed by customer online in real-time. (A password will be issued prior to shredding, please request this from a CEAR representative during appointment scheduling.) DVD recordings of destruction are also available for a fee.
- The Certificate of Destruction is then sent, which includes the total weight of materials destroyed, the duration of destruction, and a certified destruction employee’s signature.
- CEAR can also provide custom reporting for each customer’s specific needs such as S/N, Date Code, etc.
All shredded material is then completely recycled.
CEAR is a member of the National Association for Information Destruction, Inc. (NAID).